[Public-List] Spreaders

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Feb 22 07:07:37 PST 2010

Yes, I did.  I made the new ones with 'straight' trailing edges and raked
leading edges, giving me a few mm of sweep.

And yes, I did flip the old ones over when I was grappling with the
extremely poor tuning SURPRISE had when I got her. - but didn't tell
anybody... Now I see I was not the only one to think along those lines!

On 22/02/10 10:00 AM, "crufone at comcast.net" <crufone at comcast.net> wrote:

Gord,

As usual nice write up. When you redid your spreaders did you plan
> to allow for some aft sweep back?  CB Currier mentioned in one of his posts
> that he reversed his spreaders to offer some sweep back to obtain some more
> mast bend to flatten the mainsail. On the original spreaders one face is flat
> and one is tapered. Did you copy this feature on your replacements as well? I
> assume that the tapered face faces aft?

Michael