[Public-List] mast beam repair

bikecharles bikecharles at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 5 18:08:39 PST 2010

Thanks to all who provided input on my last inquiry about the mast beam.  I'm still pondering the best approach to repair the mast beam on Sea Hawk #221.  I've contacted the outfit mentioned on the A30 website about the Aluminum Sister Plates for the mast beam.  They've become a bit pricey these days...$420.00 before shipping.  Considering the simplicity of the repair and the relatively low cost of the raw materials, (about $145.00 for for the Aluminum),it would make sense to fabricate them myself.  Does anybody know of an existing pattern or schematic for the plates.  Additionally, I was curious if those that have done this repair removed, repaired or did anything to the old tabbing on the beam or is it just left and covered?
Thanks again
Charles
Sea Hawk #221