[Public-List] Suncor Fittings

Michael Taylor m_tayau at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jan 18 07:59:13 PST 2010

Thanks John - though I was interested to see that in the review I saw a Norseman fitting was compared to a Stalok and Suncor.  The guys testing it made up there own fittings and loaded them to failure.  The Suncor and Stalok wires both broke before the fittings let go however the Norseman fitting failed at - from memory - at 70% of the rated wire strength.  The Norseman factory then sent a fitting made up by themselves.  The fitting also failed well below the rated wire strength.  So go figure.  All three are Lloyds rates which is where I think the minium 90% figure comes in.  Suncor claim that the wire will always fail before the fitting.  I don't know what to think.

I was not comtemplating using Suncor turnbuckles, just the studs.

thanks again

Mick