[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 1722, Issue 1

Wcwinslow at aol.com Wcwinslow at aol.com
Wed Jan 27 14:07:36 PST 2010

In a message dated 1/27/2010 3:01:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
public-list-request at lists.alberg30.org writes:

Being a woodworker, that's interesting. Can you point me to a reference on
Different wood steaming charisterictics?...

Bob Kirk
Isobar 181

I have three references.

1. Fine Woodworking on Bending Wood. 1985 from the Taunton Press.includes a
chapter on steambending as well as a wealth of related references to steam
bending.

2. WoodenBoat over the years had included many articles on the topic.  You
can go to their archives online
Woodenboat.com

3. Richard Jagels is a professor of forest biology at the University of
Maine, Orono. I don't have an e-mail for him. He has a regular column on wood
in WoodenBoat and knows all the books out there on steaming.

William C. Winslow