[Public-List] Ground tackle

Randy Katz randy.katz50 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 16:27:06 PST 2010

Greetings, Greg,
I've been crusing the NW from Seattle and Bellingham for 7 years with a
Delta 23# with success and no problems. I have .5 inch nylon three-strand
road with 32' of heavy-ish chain (5/8"?).  I've been in some very windy
weather at anchor.
Once in Nanaimo BC in moderate/heavy s. wind the delta was dragging.
Switching to a similarly weighted Danforth-type anchor held fast. Good to
have a couple of different ones for just that purpose.
HOpe this helps--
Happy New Year--
Randy Katz
Seattle/Bellingham. WA.