[Public-List] Mast Beam Repair

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Thu Jan 7 11:05:59 PST 2010

Michael,

I think you should build a new white oak beam, cut it in half and add a
flitch plate, add sister plates to the outside, soak it in G-flex, wrap
fiberglass matt around the whole thing, cover the sides with teak and
install 24 - 3/8" SS bolts.

As for me, I plan to win the lottery, get one of these
http://www.chriswhitedesigns.com/atlantic_cats/a57/lely.shtml, buy a case of
Mike's 40% alcohol Swedish stuff and continue to be grateful my mast beam
has already been fixed.

Roger 148

412-252-1500 ext.101
412-779-5101 cell