[Public-List] viking ships

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Jan 8 14:06:35 PST 2010

Hi -

Yes, I know about that stone and it was indeed debunked, too bad it
would have made a hell of a story.  The stone purported to be a relic
of an expedition that came south from Hudson's Bay.  If I remember
correctly the stone numbered the members of the expedition, described
that they had left their ship several weeks march to the North... and
ominously ended with the words "The Skraelings are killing us".  The
Vikings called the Amerindians Skraelings.  (pardon my spelling..)

Ever read Farley Mowatt's 'Westviking'?