[Public-List] Dynamic Loads while sailing

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at currcomm.com
Thu Jan 14 13:07:33 PST 2010

I saw the bea flex as much as 12 inches - or a foot.

        There is no door to the forward cabin on Infinity - there is a
        door to
        the locker. On Daybreak this door servers both purposes but
        Infinity has
        none.

        As for the "Literary" Liscense - there may be some but very
        little - The
        mast had forced the beam flat - straight across. The door jambs
        were
        bowed. When I did the sistering project I jacked the deck up the
        full
        extent of the arc of the beam  or 6". I still have a break that
        is
        transverse to the beam on the bottom in the center(bow to
        stern). So to
        me this flex was full extent with the mast coming down on that
        beam and
        12" or a foot was not an unreasonable measurement.

        Scary...

        C.B Currier
        Infinity #57
        Daybreak #458

        P.S. On the Melges 24s we have a deck stepped mast with a
        reinforcing
        pole that intersects with a 4 pointed step just in front of the
        Keel. A
        much better way of engineering the step.