[Public-List] Updated Alberg 30 History

Marianne King-Wilson mkw at cogeco.ca
Tue Jan 19 10:25:23 PST 2010

Hello, Bob
This list is extraordinary.  Thank you so much for all the work that you've
put into it.

You have solved a mystery for us.  We didn't know who had owned Windward
first.

We met the second owners of our boat, and we knew them to be designers of
top quality houses with an emphasis on beautiful woodwork and mouldings.
.
I had deduced that the first owner of our boat was European-born, with a
keen aesthetic sense, someone who valued both design and functionality.
The clues? He had left aboard a single silver fork and a bone-handled knife,
and one plaid lifejacket.  (The sort of thing my uncle from England would
have used when he sailed, I thought. My uncle's studies in architecture were
cut short by the war.)

We had no information otherwise.

Your list explains it all.  Uno Prii, the first owner, was a renowned
architect, born in Estonia, and a professor at the University of Toronto.
His name and work is celebrated all over the Net.

I've known and admired his buildings in Toronto. He has designed no fewer
than 8 designated heritage properties in the city.

What a pedigree!  Thank you so much for your list.

Marianne
Windward 369