[Public-List] Gas tank

Bill Ydel bydel at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 20 07:22:45 PST 2010

Stephen,

I did this job last year, my tank was steel and not aluminum but rested
otherwise exactly as you have described. We got the tank out after removing
the exhaust riser (one bolt sheared off) and replaced it with an 11 gal
plastic tank. It also sits on a slight downward angle witch makes the
electric fuel gauge inaccurate but otherwise works perfectly.

I decided not to put the tank in the cockpit locker because I did not want
to give up the space and I am satisfied with the 11gal capacity. The way I
use the boat, that is more then enough.

Bill
SallyB #441