[Public-List] Gas tank

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Wed Jan 20 15:15:35 PST 2010

Hello Stephan, so i have finally found out what the aluminum beam was used for. My alberg has a 15 gal replacement fuel tank (diesel) mounted under the deck in the stbd cockpit locker- forward edge almost in contact with the bulkhead dividing the locker from the interior cabin space. for safety, any venting should always be piped up and outboard of the hull, if so air bubbles comments wouldn't necessary be an issue.

Have not noticed any difficulty with weight distribution, however the space in the locker below the tank pretty much goes unused.

The previous owner was an engineer for Boeing aircraft co, and the tank looks suspiciously like the inside walls and framing of a 737- very nicely welded, couple of little structural ribs and flat green undercoat paint.

Best,

Glenn Brooks
Dolce