[Public-List] Steam Bending

Greg Bover gregbover at cbfisk.com
Wed Jan 27 13:25:10 PST 2010

<<<Being a woodworker, that's interesting. Can you point me to a reference on
different wood steaming charisterictics?...

Bob Kirk
Isobar 181 >>>>>

If you don't mind a future A-30 owner chipping in, I'd start with the Wood Bending Handbook, W. Stevens and N. Turner, available from Woodcraft Supply Corp. If you have access to back issues of Fine Woodworking Magazine, there are dozens of specific articles on wood choice, gear, techniques, etc. There is an on-line index at http://www.finewoodworking.com/pages/fw_articleindex.asp. If you can't find an issue let me know, I have almost all of them.

I am a pipe organ builder. In my shop we often bend wood of various species.

Greg Bover
Wannabe #XXX

Gregory Bover
VP Operations