[Public-List] Jordan Series Drogue - attachment to Alberg 30

Don Lang potatosailor at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 10:29:35 PDT 2010

Bill,

Its recommended to use two chain-plates horizontally on the sides of the hull at the stern to attach the drogue to (one each side of the vessel).
I laid up some heavy roving on the hull inside the lazz and tied it into (overlapped it) the bulkhead forward and the transom aft. Im trying to remeber...I think it was about 26 - 30" wide (vertically) and it really "beefed" up the stern to take the loads of the drogue.
I bought the drogue kit from Ace sailmakers and it was a pleasant experience and very good quality.
This link is loaded with information regarding the drogue, its set up, use, etc.
http://www.jordanseriesdrogue.com/
Cheers, Don

How did you attach your drogue?  I'm looking at adding one to my boat as well,
and I'm not quite sure how/where to attach it to ensure sufficient strength and
no chafe.  If you have photos, I'd appreciate seeing them.

Thanks,
Bill