[Public-List] Book recommendation

Thomas Moffatt tmoffatt at xplornet.com
Sun Jul 18 10:39:08 PDT 2010

For family reason I have been around home this weekend ­ so had the
opportunity to read a book that had been laying around for quite a while.

³Surviving the Storm ­ Coastal and Offshore Tactics² - by Steve and Linda
Dashew. I notice it isn¹t new (it is 1999), but everything pretty well
remains pertinent.

I really don¹t know whether it is a ³good read² when a book details and
analyzes many of the most terrorizing experiences one can have while
sailing...but nevertheless, the analysis of bad events in the book is
rivetting.

If your library has a copy, and you are thinking of any long coastal or
offshore passage, consider checking it out! And don¹t forget to consider an
extra trysail not much bigger than a bath towel.

Tom Moffatt