[Public-List] Knock down............... those annoying snags

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Wed Jul 21 06:47:12 PDT 2010

Matthew,

I have a protocol which I try to judiciously follow, not always but my intent is there.  If something/anything on the boat fouls a line it is either removed or modified as to not allow another fouling trick.  The thought process is I do not want that particular foul to happen again. I feel that Murphy's Law applies all too well aboard a boat to allow KNOWN fouling situations to exist.

I am always amazed when I purchase a home, with a door which swings the wrong way or a different boat with a mess of unnecessary snags aboard.....................that the previous owners lived with a very awkward or dangerous situation for YEARS with out making the simple correction/modification to increase their enjoyment of the home or boat or whatever.

Don't mean to harp on this....................  If you take a look at that small cleat and study it you most likely will find that it is not necessary for any purpose.....................or that it can be relocated elsewhere.

I have enough trouble safely sailing any boat without setting myself up for any additional mishaps caused by known booby-traps.  Hummmmmmmmmm is "known booby-traps" an oxymoron?

Have fun and be safe on your boat.

Michael #133