[Public-List] Bilge pumps

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Wed Jul 7 08:07:33 PDT 2010

Just a sec, are you recommending _against_ having more bilge pumps than
are strictly necessary, or was that actually your way of saying "go for
it, but don't neglect the manual pump or any of the maintenance that
should prevent your needing extra pump capacity in the first place"? :)

Of course, before biking across Canada, I picked up 2 each of the
brightest headlight and taillight I could find (even though I wasn't
planning on riding in the dark). The owner of the bike shop (who also
sails) remarked that this level of redundant preparation certainly gave
me away as a sailor. (And yet, I still hven't gotten around to wiring
and plumbing in the extra bilge pump over here.)

Cheers,
Kris

Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/