[Public-List] Bilge pumps redux..

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Sun Jul 18 17:52:15 PDT 2010

I'm assuming you have a Whale Gusher 10 pump - rebuild it - a manual pump is
the law, could even void your insurance without one. Ins Co's are looking
for ways to transfer the blame back on the owner these days - no manual
pump, in contravention of the law ... oh my .... sorry, your coverage is
voided.

A strum box has been installed on every boat I've owned and I use the one
from Munster Simms - (Whale). Never had a problem with them and never had a
clog.

By all means put an electric pump on at your leisure, if you choose, but fix
the manual one first.

Best

John