[Public-List] Genoa Sizes

David Tessier dfjtessier at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 20 12:38:01 PDT 2010

Jeff,

I pole out my partially furled 140% Genoa with my spinnaker pole, but really need a whisker pole about 6 feet longer to pole out my full 140% Genoa. I like to have the pole supported independently of the foresail, spinnaker pole style.

I have started playing with two nylon drifter sail set flying (separately) on their wire luffs. (They came with my boat.) One is about the same size as my Genoa, the other much smaller.  I had fun taking the larger one down when the breeze got up (and my flying luff was not nearly tight enough) -- blanketing such a foresail with the mains'l by turning well downwind seemed to work.

Cheers,

Dave Tessier

Trois Bouleaux #319