[Public-List] Engine question - remedy PS

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Wed Jul 28 05:33:36 PDT 2010

Gord, check your phone message - I gave you a follow-up call after thinking
about it some more. It may well be #2 - linkage is moving too far in fwd and
not fully engaging reverse. It should thud into gear in both directions.

Once you disconnect the linkage from the trans shift handle, check to see
whether the linkage adjustment allows the same travel as you can achieve
moving the big shifter arm on the trans alone - if not adjust the fork
connection to the handle at the trans.

This assumes the linkage mount is tight and not moving.

By the way, the trans shift cable on a A-30 mechanical trans is Morris
Teleflex 64 C, don't ever use the 33 series (that's designed for slush box
transmissions and throttles) - it will break.

Best

John