[Public-List] Gooseneck Track

edward schroeder eddiediver at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 30 10:40:57 PDT 2010

"Two-blocking" is a Navy expression for running flags and sails as high up as practicable. When they used blocks and tackle, it meant having the lower block run up so high that it met the top block. For an Alberg mainsail, it would mean running the head up high but not so high as to get it stuck aloft or damage the sheave.

Ed Schroeder #303, former US Navy Signal man.