[Public-List] Deck Painting A30 #560 How much paint,primer?

Bob Crinion bob at crinion.ca
Tue Jun 8 12:51:55 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I'm almost ready to prime and paint the deck.

I built a 14' by 34' bow roof plastic shed to house the boat.

What a work project it has been...removed all hardware, redrilled every
hole in deck oversize and filled with thickened epoxy, patched recored
and glassed over 4 spots in the deck etc, fun, fun, fun!

I'm considering using Kiwi Grip for the Non Skid areas.

The deck area is mostly non skid areas that will "maybe" covered by Kiwi
Grip so the percentage of non skid area to the smooth areas would
require less square footage of paint. The thing is, How much?

I would like to roll and tip System Three WR-LPU topcoat on the
smooth/flats areas excluding the non skid.

How much primer and paint would I need?

Those of you that already have done this probably know how much...

Thanks,

-bob