[Public-List] Alberg 30 or Triton?

Daniel Michaels nov32394 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 08:44:16 PDT 2010

Thanks for all that answered. I decided to go with the Triton. Mainly based on Yves Gelinas recommendation that both boats were a good boat. The Triton that I purchased has all new stainless standing rigging in a larger size than stock. Many of the attach points are new as well. Although it has the fractional rig and single shrouds it can be converted rather easily to the more popular and better masthead double rig. The external ballast has been glassed over to provide an encapsulated ballast. At $1,000.00 with sails and a rebuilt engine it was hard to pass up. I plan on selling the Atomic 4 so I should even come out ahead. I still like the Alberg 30 and I am sure once I get out on the water I will see plenty of them. If there is someone on Lake Superior/Lake Michigan feel free to contact me I would love to visit. As with owning a plane I found the best part was the comradeship. I met pilots from all over the US on my travels. I can see that that should
 continue with sailing.

Dan