[Public-List] One more maintenance question - interior wood

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 14 11:41:59 PDT 2010

Jim -

I didn't have as much trouble with it growing on the oiled wood as with it
growing on the painted fiberglass, which seems counter-intuitive.  I have
added a powered vent on my fore hatch which did not seem to help at all.  I
spent some time yesterday cleaning some spots with TSP and with bleach, but
did not get rid of the streaking.  I wiped some mineral spirits on it to see
what it would look like with oil or a finish, and the streaks still showed
through.  I am leaning toward a stain & poly finish (a matte finish one),
let me know what you end up doing.

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229