[Public-List] Alternative motors (was... the V2 aboard)

Hugh McCormack hugh_alberg at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 15 12:14:03 PDT 2010

Hi John,

Now you've got me thinking... I wonder if there is some way of harnessing this technology into a boat motor?  Alcohol is plentiful here in Nfld (especially the stuff that gets "imported" from St-Pierre and Miquelon), we have a lot of trained hairdressers as a result of the Cod moratorium so peroxide is also plentiful, manganese might be a problem but I'm sure one that is solveable and I was looking at some galvanized pipe the other day.  Looks to me as if all the bases are covered.  What would you want for a consultant's fee to make it happen?  I could pitch it to ACOA for funding.

Cheers,

Hugh