[Public-List] Alternative motors (was... the V2 aboard)

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Mon Mar 15 13:00:41 PDT 2010

Hey Hugh,

Manganese Dioxide was used as catalyst bonded to SS screen, so you don't
have to replace it. Though Platinum is superior (we didn't have any and
figured a family heirloom going to the cause might be frowned upon)

We ah, ahem, borrowed the Peroxide - believe it was better than 80% pure and
one had to handle it very carefully - hair stuff is 2-5% H2O2.

We used pure Ethel and I must admit some of it did get filtered through our
kidneys afterwards as consolation

And do remember, in the end, it did blow up ; )

Quite spectacularly actually.

But then, if it were a green govt funding program, something blowing up
wouldn't necessarily have to be a deal breaker - not necessarily.

Just needs a bit of tweaking and just a bit more funding .... and .... $30
billion later .... ; )

Think a working V2 engine on an Alberg might be considered a rule breaker
though

Best

John