[Public-List] Removing deck hardware solo (was: Remove Teak Toe Rails/Hull Deck Paint Job)

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sun Mar 21 15:50:29 PDT 2010

Bob Crinion wrote:
> Is there any slick way to remove the deck hardware without having
> someone on the inside to hold a wrench?

Use vice-grips on the nut.  Generally there's not room for the
vice-grips to turn a full circle, but if there is, a piece of line on
the adjusting screw to some convenient anchor can stop it.  Works for
tightening, too, as long as you set the vice-grips so the releasing
handle isn't the part that comes up against something.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org