[Public-List] Sea water in the galley sink

Greg Roberts gregr at nethere.com
Sat May 29 09:02:07 PDT 2010

I'm about to cut out my new galley counter and am getting paranoid.
The PO had added a raised section to the forward end of the counter
and mounted the sink there. The sink is a good six inches deep...

Has anyone had problems with water coming up?

The sink will be as inboard as I can make it. My estimates put sea
level at about 3" under the sink with the boat level.
The current supports will put the counter top at 19.125" above the
berth sans cushions and level with the rest of the counters mid ship
and to port.

Thanks!

Greg

P.S.  If water does come up maybe that can used for an automatic dish
washer. Wash on Port tack and dry on Starboard...