[Public-List] zinc anodes

Bob Norway examiner at cfl.rr.com
Tue May 25 06:18:00 PDT 2010

Whether the zinc needs cutting is dependent on shaft length, which is
dependent on where the engine is mounted as far as fore and aft position.
The type/size of engine will determine where it must be mounted and then the
shaft would have to be cut to match available room. In my case I repowered
and did not take this into consideration when having a new shaft made ( I
just matched the previous shaft, as, apparently did the previous owner,
since his zincs were cut, too). Thus, I need to take about a 1/2 inch of the
back of the zinc to avoid hitting the rudder.

Cheers,
Bongo Bob Norway
S/V Beowulf #488
Manatee Cove Marina Website Webmaster