[Public-List] A-Bomb

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed May 26 05:38:40 PDT 2010

I was helping Pim (new owner of WINDWARD) bring her A4 back to life after a
long lay-up.  The engine had been very well put away, but a lot of time had
elapsed.  The engine was cranking strongly, and we had a good spark, but no
firing.  We cleaned the carb then worked our way upstream along the fuel
system and found that the filter canister had rusted through, letting air in
and spoiling the suction of the fuel pump.  We fitted an new clean in-line
filter and that brought the engine back to life.