[Public-List] Close tolerances for shaft and shaft log!

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Thu May 27 09:06:50 PDT 2010

#221 had Thiokol for the "mountain" of caulk surrounding the shaft
log.  I'm pretty certain it was original.  My log was in good shape,
but I removed the caulk just to satisfy myself about why it was there
and what it was doing.  I went back in with polysulfide, which is what
I understand Thiokol to be.  It seemed exactly the same (and more
rubbery/resilient than Dolfiniite).

I think if I were ever to remove the shaft log that I would go back in
with a fiberglass tube; however, since mine was in good shape and I
did not remove it, that is only theoretical.

Rachel
ex-#221