[Public-List] batteries

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Wed Nov 3 05:47:33 PDT 2010

     I put in three of the largest automotive wet cell batteries I could
find at Wal-Mart about four years ago. I keep a cheap Wal-Mart
electronic trickle charger (does not over-charge) hooked up all the time
and these batteries are doing just fine, thank you. At a pretty low
cost. Working for me.

     I had problems with the injector pump on my diesel a couple of
weeks ago and did a lot of futile cranking and these batteries  held up
better than I could have wished.

     Ten or so years ago I put in much more expensive deep-cycle
batteries from West Marine and they died in three years. Go figure.

Gordon White
Brigadoon II