[Public-List] Batteries.

Robert Kirk isobar at verizon.net
Thu Nov 4 17:15:05 PDT 2010

Stephen... Battery technology is mature & well understood. There is little
difference between brands but much difference between deep cycle, "dual
purpose", & starting types. Thick plates, less chemical = deep cycle (less
ummph); thin plates, more chemical = starting (more ummph). The former are
long lived, the latter are not. Dual purpose is neither. Buy the cheapest5
deep cycle batteries you can find for both starting & "house" use,
especially if you have an A4 engine which does not require much oomph to
start. Ignore gel cells which are much more expensive and not any better
except in a rollover. Any wet cell, maintenance or non-maintenance is ok

Bob Kirk
Isobar #181