[Public-List] Diesel conversion

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 04:19:06 PST 2010

Funny you mention that-"adequate is never really...."
I was watching a show on the Titanic the other night, the moderator
explained anybody can make something strong, engineering is making something
strong with minimal weight and materials.
There are Albergs out there with 7 1/2 hp. Diesels. Probably "inadequate",
but I bet they sail better. Matching equipment to intended use is the trick.
Personally, approaching 30 hp. (Diesel) on a 21'(waterline) displacement
hull, well, why not be done with it and get a power boat?
MichaelGrosh
 On Nov 11, 2010 6:49 AM, "John Birch" <Sunstone at cogeco.ca> wrote:
> Prudent thinking Jon, plenty of reserve capacity to handle changing sea
> states as well as reserve to use for fancy Dan alternators, refrigeration
> and all the future power sapping whirly gigs one might want to add over
time
> / or could if one so chooses.
>
> The problem with 'just adequate is it really never is adequate. Quality
> hurts just once.
>
> Kudos to you
>
> Best
>
> John