[Public-List] Sewage holding tanks

John Riley jriley at dsbscience.com
Sun Oct 3 19:41:51 PDT 2010

Richard J Hughes wrote:
> Can any one tell me where to install, how to install, where to obtain
> a head holding tank. # 438, Magicienne, liner model.
> Thanks.
> Rick

Hi Rick,

We purchased #521 without any head or tank installed.  We bought the
Raritan custom tank as discussed on the A-30 web site...contact Raritan
to arrange a purchase.  They will ask you to verify measurements before
you purchase, but we installed the tank as ordered (and described on the
A-30 site).  That is, we put it under the port side v-berth, and it had
to be put in rotated slightly at an angle.

We also did the double head vent system as proposed by Peggy Hall and
also outlined on the A-30 site with no head odors (so far after 2 years).

The tank is 14 gallons, and if we use the head for all needs (ie, on the
boat pretty much nonstop), we get 7+ days between pump-outs (with a
Raritan PH-II manual head)...that's with 2 adults and 2 children living
aboard.  With "off the boat" needs during the day and only using the
head at night and in inclement weather, we go 3-6 (or more) weeks
between pump-outs.

Hope this helps,

--
John S. Riley