[Public-List] loose footed mainsail

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Thu Oct 21 21:48:41 PDT 2010

Regarding changing the rules, for what it is worth, I bought a new set of North Sails this spring and opted for the loose footed main. The North guy said nearly all the sails they - and most other sailmakers- make these days are loose footed. After some trepidation, I discovered I love the loose footed main- would't go back to laced main for anything, after all thats the way sails really used to be before slides came along...!

Glenn Brooks
Dolce
Everett Wa.