[Public-List] Flattening Reef

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Fri Oct 22 05:11:18 PDT 2010

The late great Joe Fernandez founder of Triton Sails preferred fixed
goosenecks and cunninghams as distorting less of he main than a floating
goose neck does when one adjusts halyard tension / downhaul.

Our A-37 Sunstone still has the floating gooseneck, but there is a
cunningham on the main, as I feel (rightly or wrongly) that the floating
gooseneck arrangement reduces peak shock loading and spreads it over a wider
area.

Besides, its more traditional.

I hate it when things break ... so inconvenient

BTA

John