[Public-List] Genoa downhaul

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Fri Oct 22 10:35:42 PDT 2010

Hi Hugh,
I use a down haul on a much smaller boat, a Typhoon, but should work the same on an A30. I use a bowline to attach the 1/8" braided downhaul to the thimble at the head of the sail and then hank it onto the forestay as I hank on the jib. there is a turning block at the same stem attachment point as the jib tack. One more turning block on the gunwale about half way back to the port side combing. A small cleat on the combing near the cabin bulkhead completes the rigMichael