[Public-List] Genoa downhaul

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Oct 21 07:01:07 PDT 2010

The main advantage is that if you have a downhaul, you don't have to send a
crewmember forward to dowse the sail.  The downhaul effectively pulls the
sail down just as its halyard hauls it up.

As George W mentioned in his earlier email, one would still have to go
forward to bundle the sail, but that is a comparatively easy task once it is
down and the energy is out of it.

Gord #426 SURPRISE