[Public-List] marine hybrid propulsion

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 17:20:31 PDT 2010

Some of you may remember the propulsion discussion I started on this list
several years ago.

In the October/November issue of Professional Boatbuilder magazine (#127),
there is a very interesting article by Nigel Calder on marine hybrid
propulsion systems. One of the systems detailed is a 7.5 kW MasterVolt
system being installed in stock Alerion 33 boats (aside from the obviously
different keel configuration, reasonably similar in size, shape, and
displacement to our boats).

http://www.proboat.com/current-issue

Anyway, I just thought some of you might find it interesting. Mr. Calder
seems to think that 2010 is going to be the year that marine diesel electric
hybrid propulsion breaks through the fringes into the mainstream of the
maritime market. Keep an eye out for this stuff at boat shows this fall.
It's pretty exciting.

Dan, I would still like to see pictures of your electric propulsion system!

Kind regards,

J Bergquist