[Public-List] Heaving-to an Alberg

jon whittle at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 3 17:35:18 PDT 2010

Dear Ed,
            We often heave-to our 30 Alberg. The strength of the wind
determines the amount of jib let out. We always raise the boom with the
topping lift(if the main is up) and let the mainsheet out full, thus
balancing the jib to the helm, while the main rustles gently. Works every
time. Just be careful of the boom when getting under way! Works thus far in
winds upto 25 knots. Good luck. Jonathan. "EMMY" As pointed out, the wind
WILL push you a bit but the comfort of eating a meal or just hanging out is
reward indeed.