[Public-List] Hand cranking an Atomic 4

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 18:24:35 PDT 2010

My face is mostly recovered from a hand cranking episode 3 weeks ago (a
Yanmar diesel). It's a real attention getter watching your own blood spray
all over the engine compartment.
My recommendation is to keep electrical connections 100%, it's too tight a
space (fiddling with the decompression lever is what did me in) to think of
handcranking as a valid backup. On the other hand, I did get the motor
started-on the second attempt, after ice packs stopped the blood flow.
MichaelGrosh