[Public-List] Propellers

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Sun Apr 3 10:18:15 PDT 2011

John

I am with you on the three blade propeller. It makes backing and docking a whole lot easier. I have an A4 matched with a prop form Michigan propeller.

>>> vmarmei <vmarmei at axis-design.org> 4/2/2011 12:35 PM >>>

Hi John....
Nice to hear from a close lost brother.
My Sail number is 618 and Hull number is 641. I also have a Volvo
Penta MD7A Diesel with the same configuration as yours....However I
have a 3 blade propeller as follows : 3 Blade - Federal Equipose  - 13 x 11 LH.
  I am going to the boat club later to day to take the old girls
winter bra off and to see her again in its full splendor. I will
check the stamping on the prop to make sure it is right as it shows
in my notes. If it is different then I will let you know.
I personally I like the 3 blade prop and do not find anything wrong
with it....as lots of people complain...speed this and speed that.
The  boat has more power and speed with less wear and tear on the
engine and fuel consumption. Mind you I am not looking for that extra
1/10 knot of speed increase as the racers do. The third blade has
never slowed me down.
Take care and have a Jolly Summer Sailing Season.
Villo  Marmei - A30-641
PS: I sail out from East Toronto,Ontario