[Public-List] Encapsulated iron keel

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Wed Apr 6 15:39:31 PDT 2011

#221 is a stick-built interior boat, but Don - who has just "gone cruising" - had the entire liner out of his liner boat (it came to him that way), and he had photos of the bilge on his boat.

Whew, took a while to look through his blog and I might have missed some references, but here is one entry with a photograph:

http://alberg30.blogspot.com/2008/06/exposing-ballast-pig.html

I'll see if I can go back and find our correspondence on it, as he and I compared notes back when we were both working on the bilges.  I don't think the ballast in his boat had any real rusting problems either.

Rachel
ex=#221