[Public-List] Reversing the A-30

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Tue Apr 12 06:50:38 PDT 2011

Relative to anchoring, has anyone tried paying out sufficient scope on the
deck (with the last 30' outside the stays and stanchions) and dropping the
anchor and chain form the stern?  The anchor could then be set w/ boat going
forward rather than in reverse.  Those preferring a bow to the wind attitude
could then let the last 30' go and switch the rhode from the stern to the
bow.  Might work well when short handed or alone.

Roger 148