[Public-List] ST2000 tiller pilot

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Tue Apr 19 08:37:23 PDT 2011

I got Candy Cane with a tiller pilot socket already isntalled in the
starboard locker lid. I remember quite well getting into a squall and
realizing that all the tethers for the harnesses (and all the spare line
for that matter) were in that locker, and the pilot was still in place
(at least my PFD wasn't also in there). I've since moved one tether into
the hanging locker down below (on the same hanger as my self-inflating
PFD), and the remaining tethers into the lazarette with the rest of the
PFDs.

I've just learned not to store anything that might be needed underway in
that cockpit locker (and to generally avoid storing anything that might
be needed urgently (again underway) in any cockpit locker (the lazarette
doesn't count as a cockpit locker here), since the other lid was at least
partly below water in the same squall).

Cheers,
Kris

Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/