[Public-List] Fortitude, Len Kavanagh's wooden A30

Len Kavanagh lenkavanagh at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 17:43:37 PDT 2011

Gordon,Thanks for taking the time to mentioned the keel issues you're having.When I was drilling my keel bolts, I could have sworn there was a drastic difference in hardness between one area and another. Ted Hood, in his book, Through Hand and Eye, details how his father and brother built an experimental reactor at their Little Harbor Yard - trying to produce titanium.  They did produce a late night explosion and a pretty good fire. I was afraid some of the leftover stuff might have been commandeered by the yard boss at Graves  for his own purposes on the Alberg30.You never know.I'd really love to take a look at the bjarney post. Could you please send a picture?By the way, a random question arose the other day that you may be able to answer.Was  there any particular reason Mr. Weir chose to use a Friendship Sloop as the instrument for Truman 's epiphany toward the end of the Truman Show? Just wondering.
Fair winds,
-Len