[Public-List] Waste holding tank

The Rochets rochet at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 26 12:30:14 PDT 2011

Thank you, Mike.

I wish you had written about the waste holding tank a couple of years earlier. When I bought Sunswept (608), the surveyor pointed out the corrosion and said the tank could not be used, and the previous owner said that he hadn't used it for years. After dithering for a couple of years and wondering what was under that top and how it was held in place, I finally decided to do something about it. After I cleaned out the grime around the edges of the tank, I realized it was riveted. The rest was as you described it--drilling out the rivet heads and prying off the top. There was some liquid at the bottom, but no odour. There was very little left of the pickup tube.
We now have a nice beer cooler.

Bernard Rochet
Sunswept  608