[Public-List] Salsa's Circumnavigation update.

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Mon Aug 1 09:14:25 PDT 2011

Hi Kirk,

Congratulations on your Voyage!

I have been following your adventures most enviously!!

Can you offer any comments regarding the suitability of the original Alberg mast and rigging specifications for offshore work? I 've been refitting my A-30 to follow in your footsteps and have replaced/refit most everything in preparation for next spring departure - except the mast. Am very curious in your experience, is the original mast and standing rigging design sufficient for offshore work?

Also, can you advise what is a good strategy to avoid piracy in the Indian Ocean?? I understand they have been going deeper into the southern ocean this year...

Best wishes and fair winds!

Glenn Brooks
S/V Dolce