[Public-List] Replace Icebox Insulation

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Wed Aug 3 12:59:16 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 03:42:27PM -0400, Jim Davis wrote:
> "Oh, and a took a short length of 3/8" copper gas line, flared the end, made a hole for it in a corner of the freezer, glassed/gelcoated it in place, and it works quite effectively as a drain without letting too much heat in."
>
> If you had bent it into a "S" turn under the box it would have acted like a trap and kept even more cold in.

It also would've been an absolute nightmare to install, since the space
under the box isn't terribly large or accessible for post-installation
bending (and it's copper tubing, so I'm not sure that the reduction in
losses due to airflow would outweigh the increased conductive losses by
all that much).

Cheers,
Kris

--