[Public-List] Hank on sails, where to keep them.

John Riley jriley at dsbscience.com
Mon Aug 22 17:23:49 PDT 2011

Jeffrey wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm still using hank on headsails, remember those).  Where to store the
> sails? Thus far, we've been keeping one on the deck, generally the genoa and
> keep the 100% jib ans storm jib up in the v-berth. When we are lucky enough
> to fly the jib, the genoa is in the v-berth.
>
> At first I was hesitant to keep them in the cockpit lockers, but I'm
> thinking how much nicer it would be to have these giant bags out of the
> way.  My cockpit lockers are more or less dry,  should I expect issues with
> mildew? I can't be the first to do this!
>
> Tips? Advice welcome.
>
> -jeff
>
> Jeff Fongemie
> #116 Seagrass
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/fongemie

Doesn't solve your problem with the current sail inventory you have, but
in considering this very issue, I am moving to a reefable genoa.  That
will eliminate one sail to store.

In the meantime, they off sails live in the cockpit lockers (and mine
are NOT dry at present).

--
John S. Riley
S/V Gaelic Sea